When buying auto insurance in Everett, selecting the best Everett car insurance agent for your needs takes more work than just picking up the phone. We’re assuming you’re wanting a decent agent, but you also want the best rates possible.
With companies like independent agents, Allstate and State Farm all competing for business in Everett, it can be hard to know which provider will have the best rates, service and coverage. Thankfully, consumers can use online quoting in order to build a list of insurance agents and thier coverage prices.
Compare online but buy from a local Everett agent
Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Everett.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Everett who will battle to get your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy! You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Insurance agent types
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Agents are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
The following are independent insurance agents in Everett that can give you comparison quotes.
- Miller Walker Agency – 9505 19th Ave SE # 110 – Everett, WA 98208 – (425) 338-3380
- Mc Clain Insurance Svc – 10410 19th Ave SE # 101 – Everett, WA 98208 – (425) 379-9200
- Kit Carson Agency – 2625 Colby Ave # 2a – Everett, WA 98201 – (425) 259-1590
- Renjen P Agency State Farm – 2803 132nd St SE – Everett, WA 98208 – (425) 316-9966
- Petershagen Insurance – 1511 Wall St – Everett, WA 98201 – (425) 252-5197
Captive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are captive agents in Everett that can give you comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 210 SW Everett Mall Way # D – Everett, WA 98204 – (425) 355-6701
- Allstate Insurance – 4327 Rucker Ave – Everett, WA 98203 – (425) 252-4400
- Farmers Insurance Group – 8514 Evergreen Way – Everett, WA 98208 – (360) 568-1074
For a full directory of Everett captive agents, view this link.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
After getting positive responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can service your policy.
Can I save by buying direct online?
Insurance agents are important, but Washington consumers also have the option to buy direct from companies online. Some specific companies like Allstate and State Farm who have local agents in Everett also allow you to buy online, and consumers should do that to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re uneasy about choosing your own coverages, that shouldn’t be an issue. Car insurance companies provide access to licensed agents to answer your questions. You may also access 24/7 live help and a car insurance FAQ section to clarify any questions you may have.
Is car insurance cheaper online? The answer is complex because of the fact that insurance companies use many factors that impact your rate calculation. It’s logical to say that purchasing direct online cuts out the middleman. But truthfully, marketing their products costs a lot of money so there may not be significant savings.
More information can be read on the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Click here for link. Washington consumers can learn about specific coverages, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, view agent and company licensing information, and read industry bulletins.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Never Buy Everett Washington Auto Insurance Without Knowing These Money Saving Methods
- Costing Too Much for Auto Insurance in Everett, WA? Heres How to Save!
Shop smart and save
Cheap auto insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Everett, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.