When pricing car insurance in Kansas City, MO, you have many choices and selecting the best Kansas City car insurance agent for your needs is more difficult than just using the same insurance agent as your neighbor. Consumers need a competent insurance agent, and also the best possible price.
There are many insurance agencies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find a good deal.
Kansas City agents for car insurance
Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Kansas City who will battle for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. How cool is that?! You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Picking an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How are they compensated?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Kansas City insurance agencies are either independent or captive
If you’re trying to find local Kansas City agents, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Kansas City are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use a captive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Kansas City captive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 650 E Blue Ridge Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64145 – (816) 942-1038
- State Farm Insurance – 3911 N Oak Trfy – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 452-6700
- American Family Insurance – 6301 James A Reed Rd – Kansas City, MO 64133 – (816) 356-2100
- Farmers Insurance Group – 9201 Ward Pkwy – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 361-2191
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 1601 E 18th St – Kansas City, MO 64108 – (816) 842-2880
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 7000 NW Prairie View Rd – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 584-2800
- Shelter Insurance – 6502 NW Prairie View Rd # B – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 587-8668
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always include several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Kansas City that are able to give price quotes.
- Jeffrey White Agency – 7211 NW 83rd St # 300 – Kansas City, MO 64152 – (816) 587-5000
- Employee Benefit Svc Agency – 215 W 68th Ter – Kansas City, MO 64113 – (816) 523-5071
- Church Mutual Insurance Co – 1420 NW Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 584-1695
- Sloan Agency Insurance – 4400 Madison Ave – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 531-3680
- Great American Insurance Co – 106 W 11th St – Kansas City, MO 64105 – (816) 474-0282
To view a full list of car insurance agents in Kansas City, go to this page.
Upon receiving positive feedback to your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Can you find lower rates by buying online?
Professional insurance agents are perfect for certain consumers, but you can also buy Missouri car insurance direct online. Even companies like State Farm and Allstate who have local Kansas City agents additionally provide the ability to get quotes and purchase online, and that can save time if you’re trying to lower your rates.
If you’re concerned about not getting proper coverage, that is quite common when buying online the first time. Online insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage provide toll-free numbers for answering any questions you have. They also make available live help and 24/7 access that you can use before buying.
Is online auto insurance cheaper? It’s difficult to provide an answer because there are a lot of things that can increase policy rates. You may think that buying directly from the company reduces premiums because there is no agent. But in most cases, marketing their products costs a lot of money and this tends to eat up any savings.
Additional resources for Missouri consumers
Additional detailed information is located at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Missouri drivers can read consumer alerts, find disaster information, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Affordable car insurance is definitely available both online and with local Kansas City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.