Comparing auto insurance companies in Peoria, Arizona can be challenging because there are a lot of options and choosing the right Peoria car insurance agent is more difficult than just picking up the phone. Chances are good you not only want a good agent, but you also want great rates as well.
With companies like Allstate, Farmers and State Farm as well as independent agents all competing for business in Peoria, it’s hard to tell which auto insurance agent will have the lowest rates and best service. To begin, consumers can use online quoting to assemble a group of insurance agents from which to choose.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent.
How to buy auto insurance from an agent in Peoria
Good agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Peoria.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Peoria who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Now that’s easy! Get lower rates AND a local agent.
Different types of car insurance agents in Peoria
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agents can either be captive or independent.
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are Peoria independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Gordon Insurance Associates – 8249 W Thunderbird Rd – Peoria, AZ 85381 – (623) 486-6815
- Jeanie Zaporowski Agency – 6750 W Olive Ave # 107 – Peoria, AZ 85345 – (623) 979-7701
- Senior Care Insurance – 7934 W Briden Ln – Peoria, AZ 85383 – (623) 825-3900
- Matt Richey Agency – 19265 N 83rd Ave – Peoria, AZ 85382 – (623) 566-4457
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Peoria captive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 20542 N Lake Pleasant Rd # 103 – Peoria, AZ 85382 – (623) 979-0008
- American Family Insurance – 7420 W Cactus Rd # B14 – Peoria, AZ 85381 – (623) 979-5061
- Allstate Insurance Co – 8987 W Olive Ave – Peoria, AZ 85345 – (623) 979-7118
- Farmers Insurance Group – 7707 W Deer Valley Rd # 110 – Peoria, AZ 85382 – (602) 843-6193
For a full directory of auto insurance agents in Peoria, view this link.
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
After receiving positive feedback and a low price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance.
What about online companies that don’t use agents?
Insurance agencies are a valuable resource, but Arizona consumers also have the option to buy from companies direct over the internet. A few companies that sell primarily through agents also let you quote and buy online, so keep that in mind.
If you’re uncomfortable with having to choose coverages yourself when buying car insurance direct, this is expected but don’t let that bother you. All companies all have toll-free customer service for getting questions answered. In addition, they usually offer anytime access to help and a customer research section to help with the buying process.
Will you save money buying auto insurance online? A lot of shoppers won’t buy anywhere else, but it’s impossible to say because there are so many things that influence how your policy is priced. You may think that buying direct cuts out the agent as a middleman. But the fact is, the cost of constant advertising is expensive so the lack of a commission may be a wash.
Consumer auto insurance information in Arizona
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the Arizona Department of Insurance website through this link. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, view agent and company licensing information, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Compare but don’t skimp
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent or high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Cheap auto insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Peoria, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.