If you’re looking for a licensed insurance agent in Pomona, you can do an initial search by getting online comparison quotes to save yourself time. Consumers require a highly trained agent, and also want to find the lowest rates for auto insurance in Pomona.
Numerous auto insurance agents battle for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a car insurance agent to discover the definitive lowest rate possible.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in California?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent.
Price shop online but buy from a local Pomona agent
Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Now that’s easy! It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Insurance agent types
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Liberty Mutual, Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Captives are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are captive insurance agencies in Pomona that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 4 Village Loop Rd # B9 – Pomona, CA 91766 – (909) 622-1121
- Allstate Insurance – 703 Indian Hill Blvd – Pomona, CA 91767 – (909) 620-5448
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Pomona independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Busby Agency – 2055 N Garey Ave # 7 – Pomona, CA 91767 – (909) 392-7277
- Auto Insurance Svc – 2090 S Garey Ave – Pomona, CA 91766 – (909) 590-1004
- Pomona Insurance – 478 W Holt Ave – Pomona, CA 91768 – (909) 623-3306
For a full directory of auto insurance agents in Pomona, view this link.
After receiving reasonable responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Online companies should get a look
Car insurance agents serve a purpose, but California consumers also have the option to buy from online companies direct. Certain auto insurance companies like Allstate and State Farm who have local agents in Pomona also let you buy online, and that is helpful and can also potentially find you lower rates.
If you’re anxious about not having someone to ask questions when buying direct, that should not be a issue. Auto insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage all have client service departments you can use to get advice on coverages.
Does car insurance cost less online? It’s hard to say exactly because there are many components that determine your policy premium. You may think that buying direct lowers rates due to not having any agent compensation. In many cases, advertising budgets are huge so the lack of a commission may be a wash.
Even more information can be found at the California Department of Insurance website. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, read industry bulletins, find out which companies have the most complaints, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost auto insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Pomona, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.