When trying to find a good Des Moines agent, you can do an initial search by comparing prices online to save time. Consumers require a professional agent, and also want to find affordable rates.
Many insurance agents compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance agency and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible.
Local Des Moines agents and car insurance
Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Des Moines who will battle for your business. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. It doesn’t get any easier! Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Choosing a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Des Moines
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Agents are either independent or captive.
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captives receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of captive insurance agents in Des Moines that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 3818 Douglas Ave – Des Moines, IA 50310 – (515) 274-3678
- Shelter Insurance – 4313 Fleur Dr # 19 – Des Moines, IA 50321 – (515) 282-7995
- American Family Insurance – 1314 Army Post Rd – Des Moines, IA 50315 – (515) 285-1130
- Allstate Insurance – 4505 SW 9th St # 4 – Des Moines, IA 50315 – (515) 256-7255
Independent agents are not locked into one company but rather can write business with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you should always include several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agents in Des Moines that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Don Laster Agency Inc – 3116 104th St – Des Moines, IA 50322 – (515) 331-3773
- William A Little Jr Agency – 512 44th St – Des Moines, IA 50312 – (515) 274-5698
- Mike Anania Insurance – 4202 SW 9th St – Des Moines, IA 50315 – (515) 243-8666
- Bruce Wright Agency – 5807 Fleur Dr # 2 – Des Moines, IA 50321 – (515) 256-4279
- Mauro Insurance – 4314 SW 9th St – Des Moines, IA 50315 – (515) 287-2257
For a complete listing of Des Moines insurance agents, please go to this site.
After getting positive responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Can you find lower rates by buying online?
Licensed agents serve a purpose, but Iowa drivers can also buy direct over the internet. A few companies who sell through the agent channel also permit you to buy direct on their websites, so this should also be taken into consideration as an alternative to contacting agents.
If you’re anxious about not receiving proper advice when shopping online, don’t be too concerned. Companies that allow you to purchase coverage have customer service departments you can use to get advice on coverages.
Are online companies cheaper? It’s difficult to say for sure since there are so many factors that influence how your policy is priced. It’s a common assumption that a customer who purchases direcly from an online company lowers rates due to not having any agent compensation. For most companies selling online, however, there are high advertising and marketing costs and those expenses can offset most of the savings by selling direct.
Additional resources for Iowa consumers
Additional detailed information is located at the Iowa Insurance Division website. Iowa consumers can get help finding coverage, find disaster information, read industry bulletins, and discover disciplinary actions.
Affordable insurance is out there
Lower-priced car insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Des Moines, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.