When searching for a licensed insurance agent in Huntsville, you can do the preliminary legwork on the web rather than picking up the phone. You require a competent insurance agent, but also the lowest rates in Huntsville.
With so many options, it’s difficult to locate the best insurer.
Buying car insurance from a local Huntsville agent
Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Huntsville who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Now that’s easy! You can find better rates AND a local agent.
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Not all insurance agents are the same
When searching for a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Huntsville agents can either be independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents can only write with one company like Liberty Mutual, Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are captive agencies in Huntsville that can give you price quotes.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 1500 Perimeter Pkwy NW # 115 – Huntsville, AL 35806 – (256) 837-9200
- State Farm Insurance – 333 Whitesport Dr SW # 102 – Huntsville, AL 35801 – (256) 883-8803
- Allstate Insurance – 7914 Memorial Pkwy SW # E18 – Huntsville, AL 35802 – (256) 880-9603
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1429 Weatherly Rd SE # F – Huntsville, AL 35803 – (256) 883-1437
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Huntsville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Tom Morehead Insurance – 2109 Bob Wallace Ave SW # D – Huntsville, AL 35805 – (256) 534-3541
- Ragland Agency – 333 Franklin St SE – Huntsville, AL 35801 – (256) 533-4615
- Alfa Insurance Corp – 2019 Sparkman Dr NW # C – Huntsville, AL 35810 – (256) 851-9960
- Baxter Booth Agency – 4820 University Dr NW # 29 – Huntsville, AL 35816 – (256) 830-5776
- Bob Moore Agency – 8106 Memorial Pkwy SW – Huntsville, AL 35802 – (256) 880-6431
To view a full list of licensed insurance agents in Huntsville, view this link.
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage.
Online companies should get a look
Auto insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but you also have the option of buying direct online. Certain auto insurance companies that are more known for using agents, also allow you to quote and buy online, so that should be considered to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re uneasy about not having professional advice when buying car insurance direct, that is normal but is not a big issue. All companies provide options you can use to get advice on coverages. Additionally, most companies also offer live help and 24/7 access to make it easier to purchase.
Can buying online lower your premiums? That question is hard to answer because there are many factors that impact your final bill. Many people think that buying direct reduces premiums because there is no agent. But that assumption is generally incorrect because it’s expensive to advertise so rates may not be all that different from traditional agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Alabama drivers can learn about insurance regulations, find a variety of consumer forms, view agent and company licensing information, and find disaster information.
Keep this in mind
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount car insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Huntsville, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.