To find a good Topeka agent, you can always begin your search using online quotes to save time. Most likely you want a good agent that listens to you, but you also need great rates as well.
With insurance companies like American Family, Allstate, State Farm and independent agents having offices in Topeka, it can be hard to know which one will have the lowest rates and best service. Thankfully, consumers can get online quoting to build a list of agencies and price estimates.
Topeka agents for car insurance
Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Topeka.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in Topeka who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. Now that’s easy! Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Topeka insurance agencies come in two flavors
When finding a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Topeka are either independent or captive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.Many can place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Topeka that can give you price quotes.
- Chris Corbin Agency Inc – 2150 SW Westport Dr # 201 – Topeka, KS 66614 – (785) 273-2230
- Larry Haas Agency Inc – 5304 SW 17th St – Topeka, KS 66604 – (785) 273-1511
- Jarred White Insurance – 3311 SW Van Buren St – Topeka, KS 66611 – (785) 266-9551
- Mc Nary Insurance – 1137 SW Gage Blvd – Topeka, KS 66604 – (785) 273-1187
- K and W Agency – 4306 NW Morley Rd – Topeka, KS 66618 – (785) 286-1937
This type of agents work for only one company like Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from captive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Topeka captive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 5123 SW 29th St # A – Topeka, KS 66614 – (785) 228-0600
- Shelter Insurance – 4121 SW Twilight Dr # 4 – Topeka, KS 66614 – (785) 272-9600
- State Farm Insurance – 5990 SW 28th St – Topeka, KS 66614 – (785) 272-8858
- Farmers Insurance Group – 5942 SW 29th St # C – Topeka, KS 66614 – (785) 271-9725
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1130 SW Winding Rd – Topeka, KS 66615 – (785) 273-0904
- Allstate Insurance – 2611 SW 21st St – Topeka, KS 66604 – (785) 228-2889
To view a complete directory of Topeka captive insurance agencies, please click here.
Selecting a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Once you have received good answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Kansas?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Kansas minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent.
Can you buy online and save?
Licensed agents are important to many people, but you can also buy Kansas car insurance direct over the internet. Even companies, such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm, that are more known for using agents, also allow consumers to get a quote and buy online, so that should be considered to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re concerned about not having an insurance agent’s advice when buying direct, this is normal but is quickly overcome. Insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage all have toll-free customer service to answer your questions. Consumers also can use 24/7 live help and a car insurance FAQ section to make it easier to purchase.
Does it save money buying online? A lot of shoppers won’t buy anywhere else, but it’s impossible to say due to the fact that there are multiple individual factors that are calculated into your premium. Many people think that buying online saves money because there is no commission. But the reality is marketing their products costs a lot of money so the lack of a commission may be a wash.
Shop smart and save
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper car insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Topeka, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More resources for learning
Additional information can be found on the Kansas Insurance Department website through this link. Kansas drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, get help finding coverage, file complaints about a company, and download brochures.