If you’re trying to find a licensed insurance agent in Santa Rosa, it’s recommended you start your research by comparing prices online to save yourself time. You require a good agent, and also want to find the best price on car insurance.
Many insurance agents vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance agencies to discover the definitive lowest rate possible.
Online quotes with a local Santa Rosa insurance agent
Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and give you peace of mind. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will battle for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Now that’s easy!
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Insurance agent types
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Santa Rosa agents are either independent or captive. Both write coverage properly, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Captive agencies can only place business with one company like Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from captives mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are captive insurance agents in Santa Rosa that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 4623 Sonoma Hwy – Santa Rosa, CA 95409 – (707) 539-3004
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1511 Montgomery Dr – Santa Rosa, CA 95405 – (707) 579-2395
- State Farm Insurance – 845 4th St – Santa Rosa, CA 95404 – (707) 523-4000
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.Many can place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Santa Rosa that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Northwest Insurance Agency Inc – 418 B St # 100 – Santa Rosa, CA 95401 – (707) 573-1300
- Auto Saver Plus Agency – 3581 Industrial Dr – Santa Rosa, CA 95403 – (707) 544-5088
- Miller Agency – 2455 Bennett Valley Rd – Santa Rosa, CA 95404 – (707) 523-0541
- Competitive Insurance Svc – 132 Stanford St # B – Santa Rosa, CA 95404 – (707) 526-5100
- Lehr Insurance – 2841 Cleveland Ave # A – Santa Rosa, CA 95403 – (707) 525-0272
For a full directory of Santa Rosa insurance agents, please view this page.
Once you have positive responses for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent.
Can you save by buying online?
Local insurance agents are important to many people, but California car insurance can also be bought direct online. Some companies who sell through agents in Santa Rosa additionally provide the ability to quote and buy online, so keep that in mind if you prefer not to work with an agent.
If you’re concerned about not having an agent to talk to, that should not be a issue. Online insurance companies have toll-free phone numbers and other options for getting the best coverage. Additionally, most companies also offer online education and live help anytime so buying online is not difficult.
Is it cheaper to buy online? It’s difficult to say for sure because of the number of factors which can adversely affect your policy premium. Many people think that shopping direct reduces premiums because there is no agent. In reality, it’s expensive to advertise and that can cost more than having to pay agents.
One last thing about your coverage
Cheaper car insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Santa Rosa insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is actually quite simple.
More sites with car insurance information
Additional detailed information is located at the California Department of Insurance website. California consumers can discover disciplinary actions, learn about specific coverages, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and view agent and company licensing information.