When pricing auto insurance in Tallahassee, FL, you have many choices and picking a good Florida insurance agency is more difficult than just making a phone call. Consumers need a competent insurance agent, but also the cheapest rates you can possibly find.
Many car insurance agents compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite best price available.
Comparing prices from Tallahassee agents
Educated insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in Tallahassee who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. How cool is that?! You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Choosing a car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How are they compensated?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Independent or Captive: It’s your choice
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Tallahassee are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are captive agents in Tallahassee that are able to give price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 3323 Thomasville Rd # A – Tallahassee, FL 32308 – (850) 385-3330
- Florida Farm Bureau – 2354 Christopher Pl – Tallahassee, FL 32308 – (850) 386-7361
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 1989 Capital Cir NE # 2a – Tallahassee, FL 32308 – (850) 521-0085
- Allstate Insurance – 1350 E Tennessee St # C1a – Tallahassee, FL 32308 – (850) 942-3688
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you contact at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Tallahassee independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Colonial Supplement Insurance – 1695 Metropolitan Cir – Tallahassee, FL 32308 – (850) 386-5543
- Dessi Insurance Inc – 4820 Kerry Forest Pkwy # A – Tallahassee, FL 32309 – (850) 893-1035
- Coley Williams Agency Inc – 3203 Apalachee Pkwy # B – Tallahassee, FL 32311 – (850) 942-8175
- Gabor Agency Inc – 3500 Financial Plz # 4 – Tallahassee, FL 32312 – (850) 894-9611
- Earl Bacon Agency Inc – 3131 Lonnbladh Rd – Tallahassee, FL 32308 – (850) 878-2121
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Tallahassee, visit this site.
Once you have acceptable answers and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
When should I talk to an agent?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent.
Keep your options open
Professional insurance agents are important, but you also have the option of buying Florida car insurance directly from online companies. Even companies that are more known for using agents, also give you the option to buy direct online, so that should be considered if you prefer not to work with an agent.
If you’re uneasy about not having an agent to talk to, this is expected but don’t let that bother you. All companies have customer service departments to walk you through the process. They also have live help and 24/7 access to clarify any questions you may have.
Can online rates save money? That question is hard to answer due to the fact that there are multiple individual factors that impact your rate calculation. It’s often assumed that going direct cuts out the middleman. But the reality is marketing expenses are significant and those expenses can offset most of the savings by selling direct.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Budget-conscious auto insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Tallahassee insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Florida consumers can download brochures, learn about insurance regulations, get help finding coverage, and read state legal mandates and laws.