If you’re looking to buy car insurance, there are a lot of options and finding the best Colorado insurance agency is more difficult than just picking up the phone. It’s highly likely you not only want a great agent that can assess your needs, but you also need the best rates possible.
With companies like Allstate, Farmers and State Farm as well as independent agents having offices in Lakewood, it’s difficult to determine which will provide you with the best rates, service and coverage. To begin, consumers can get insurance quotes online to get a list of agencies to choose from.
When might I need help?
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Colorado?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent.
Why do I need an agent?
Agents can help determine the best coverages and give you peace of mind. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Lakewood.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier! You can find better rates and work with a local agent.
What types of insurance agencies are in Lakewood?
When researching local Lakewood agents, there are a couple of types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents are categorized either captive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Lakewood that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Terry Liverant Agency Inc – 7475 W 5th Ave # 102 – Lakewood, CO 80226 – (303) 238-7084
- Dick Buchanan Agency – 44 Union Blvd # 506 – Lakewood, CO 80228 – (303) 989-7630
- Braddock-Harrison Agency – 10600 W Alameda Ave # U4 – Lakewood, CO 80226 – (303) 986-0031
- Eagle Insurance Group – 1701 Kipling St # 201 – Lakewood, CO 80215 – (303) 422-1900
- Quick Stop Insurance Shop – 441 Wadsworth Blvd # 100 – Lakewood, CO 80226 – (303) 462-1225
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of captive agencies in Lakewood that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 143 Union Blvd # 790 – Lakewood, CO 80228 – (303) 988-3434
- Farmers Insurance Group – 950 Wadsworth Blvd # 201 – Lakewood, CO 80214 – (303) 232-0445
- Allstate Insurance – 550 S Wadsworth Blvd # 202 – Lakewood, CO 80226 – (303) 922-9555
- American Family Insurance – 3595 S Teller St # 401 – Lakewood, CO 80235 – (303) 988-9338
- Shelter Insurance – 3224 S Wadsworth Blvd # D – Lakewood, CO 80227 – (303) 986-4550
To view a complete directory of captive agents in Lakewood, go to this page.
Deciding on an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lakewood?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Upon getting good answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Do online auto insurance companies have better rates?
Local insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but Colorado consumers also have the option to buy from online companies direct. Certain companies who employ agents also give you the ability to buy a policy online, and online price comparisons are easy.
If you’re uncomfortable with choosing your own coverages when buying car insurance direct, don’t be too concerned. Online insurance companies all provide contact methods to walk you through the process. They also have live help and an extensive research center that you can use before buying.
If the lowest price is important, the best way to know if car insurance prices are lower online or from agents is making fair comparisons of each of their rates. Even though it sounds odd, people frequently get different pricing using an online quote and an agent quote for the same auto insurance company.
Will buying online save you money? That question is hard to answer since there are so many components that determine the price you pay. You may think that a customer who purchases direcly from an online company lowers rates due to not having any agent compensation. For the majority of companies, however, marketing their products costs a lot of money so the rates may be similar to buying from an agent.
Read more about Colorado car insurance
Additional car insurance information is available on the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website through this link. Colorado drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and learn about specific coverages.
Smart consumers save more
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, high prices, poor customer service and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.