Selecting a car insurance company in Hays, KS can be time consuming since picking a good Kansas insurance agent takes more work than just using the same insurance agent as your neighbor. Consumers require a great agent that can assess your needs, and also want to find the lowest rates for car insurance in Hays.
Many insurance agencies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest rate possible.
Price shop online but buy from a local Hays agent
Educated insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How cool is that?! You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Deciding on a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Do you need an independent or captive auto insurance agent?
When looking for a good Hays insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Agents are classified as either captive or independent.
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captives cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below are captive agents in Hays that can give you rate quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 2716 Plaza Ave – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 628-2831
- State Farm Insurance – 2705 Vine St # 7 – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 625-5400
- Allstate Insurance Co – 2819 Plaza Ave – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 625-7100
- Shelter Insurance – 2705 Vine St # 9 – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 625-5588
- Farmers Insurance Group – 738 E 8th St – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 628-1294
- American Family Insurance – 511 W 27th St – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 628-2151
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Hays who can help you get price quote information.
- Federated Insurance Co – 2017 Vine St – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 625-6810
- Henderson Agency – 1726 Volga Dr # B – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 625-9093
- Copper Agency – 2707 Vine St # 15 – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 628-3612
- Bennett Agency – 105 E 27th St – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 625-9560
- Trauer Insurance – 2705 Vine St # 8 – Hays, KS 67601 – (785) 628-2372
To view a full list of car insurance agents in Hays, visit this site.
After receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Don’t forget about online-only companies
Local insurance agents serve a purpose, but Kansas consumers also have the option to buy direct from companies that only sell online. Some specific companies who sell through the agent channel also give you the ability to buy a policy online, so that should be considered.
If you’re apprehensive about having to choose coverages yourself when buying car insurance direct, this really isn’t an issue. Online car insurance companies have customer service departments to help you decide which coverages are appropriate. In addition, they usually offer anytime access to help and a customer research section so you can feel comfortable buying online.
If you’re trying to save the most money, the best approach to discovering if agents have better prices than online companies is to set aside time to compare rates from both. You could possible even receive different price quotes from insurance agents and online quoting from the exact same provider.
Do customers save by switching to an online company? Many people swear by it, but it’s difficult to answer since there are many things that influence your rates. It’s a logical assumption that a customer who purchases direcly from an online company saves the cost of an agent commission. But in most cases, promoting brand recognition is pricey and those expenses can offset most of the savings by selling direct.
Online resources for education
Even more information can be found at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, read industry bulletins, and find disaster information.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.